Thursday, March 3, 2011

Ain't Snow Party Like a 1st Birthday Party......

Take that, snow! You tried, oh you tried, to thwart our birthday plans. But we prevailed! We partied like it was the first birthday Jude's ever had (because, um....)

Try as we might to not force Jude to play with "boy" toys, there's no denying that Jude loves things that move, especially things with wheels. So it seemed only natural to have a car-themed party. There were the little car party favors...


Car cookies (beep beep!)



And Jude couldn't help but show off his walking skillz (which, btw, he wouldn't have been able to do a week earlier)




Since our place is really only big enough for maybe three babies and their grown-ups, we had the party at Amma Maternity, our second mom-home. We had plenty of room for so many of Jude's buddies to come by! There was Tas....

June... 

Aunt Kasey... (ok, there were a lot of other friends, but sadly, I was just having so much fun that I didn't get to snap pictures of everyone)


I'm 1!


Oh, and the cake smash..... 


Clearly, he hated it 






And then there was our lovely friend, Kasey, who just couldn't let winter ruin a party, so she decided to make a slideshow of the story of Jude's birthday party. She'd emailed all the party-goers and asked them to contribute. So sweet! I was so amazed that she'd gone to all the trouble, and then I remembered that she doesn't have kids.

All of this is to say, we finally got to celebrate that Jude is one!

In other news, did you notice that I've tech-ified myself enough to make my Daily Jude pictures upload directly to this here blog?! The Internets are amazing! Enjoy!

2 comments:

Minnesotagal said...

Love it!!! Any chance you could email me a copy of the picture of Tas on the ball? We had so much fun - and love those cake eating pictures of Jude - you go man!

Jocelyn Arild said...

Oh my goodness! I cannot believe he turned 1. I am so sorry I missed that important birthday. Please give him a big belated bday hug from me!