Wednesday, January 26, 2011

At least he'll know his name, right?

When we decided to try to get pregnant, we started brainstorming names.  We had picked out our girl's name years ago.  In fact, the "Project Roosevelt" blog name came from our girl's name.  Eleanor.

We were at a loss for boys' names.  We had some ideas, but nothing really struck us.  Until Jude.  People ask us today how we came up with the name, what he is named after, but we don't really know.  I think that we were having the typical "What about ____?" conversation and someone said "What about Jude?" and the other one said "I like that."  And that's it.

And that decision has led to what some might call an obsession.  That is an obsession with personalized items for Jude.  Others in my family share that obsession and feed my problem.  As I look around Jude's room, I see puzzles, toys, art, towels...

Here are some of my favorite personalized things!

Jude's growth chart...he's 31" now!

A special piece of artwork for baby Jude.

Jude's very own name puzzle to match the stool I had growing up.

1 comments:

Minnesotagal said...

Hmmm and an upcoming birthday - I predict more personalized items...