Sunday, June 13, 2010

Going to School

Tomorrow is the big day... Jude will be heading off to "school." We did a dry run this morning, timing ourselves to see how long it will take to get him up and ready. We'll pack his bag tonight, make up his bottles, make our own lunches and set the coffee machine to brew on its own at 6:40. I'll walk the dog and Lindsay will feed all the animals and if everything goes according to the plan, we'll all be out the door by 7:00. It feels like the first day of the rest of our lives.

But it's Community Helper week at daycare and the Plymouth Fire Department will be visiting. He'll learn the Spanish words for fruits, the French words for body parts, the Italian words for tools, and sign language numbers. They'll read about mammals and even talk about the first 10 presidents! He'll be a genius by Thursday!

Of course, I wouldn't be able to teach him all those things if I were at home with him, but I'll still be missing him as I run up and down the stairs at Summer School (it's the first day of that tomorrow, too!).

Check out his daycare's blog to find out what's going on at school! I've added a link on the left <---------

0 comments: