Sunday, February 20, 2011

Snowy Snowy 1st Birthday

One year ago I hadn't eaten in 36 hours, Lindsay was watching season one of Lost on DVD, and Tiger was apologizing for his mistakes. And then, at 9:14 that night, a scrunchy little web-toed being came into our lives.

And now we've planned a party to celebrate one year of crying, giggles, smiles, and poop. And while Jude's name is on the invitations and the party banner, I have to admit that the party is really our way of celebrating the fact that we made it through one year. There were tough times - oh were the times tough - but here we are, with a little guy who is happy, curious, and oh-so-busy. I'm not saying that the rest is going to be a walk in the park, but I've gone from feeling like every second was a decision to a confident, proud, and very happy mama. 523,600 minutes was all it took.

So while the weather had other plans for our party (you can call it "Domebuster II"), that didn't stop us from reveling in the amazement of how our lives have changed for the better.

I love you, Jude!






1 comments:

KEF said...

I love the birthday boy! What a great post! I can't believe that time has flown by so fast and while I'm sad about the snow and the party being cancelled, looks like you had fun despite all of that!

HUGS to Jude and the best mommies in the world!