Thursday, February 18, 2010

Such an agonizing wait...

My due date is one week from today, but after an ever-increasing blood pressure read on Tuesday, Dr. Witzke wanted me induced today with cervical ripening happening Wednesday night. So Wednesday night at 7 the hospital still hadn't called to tell me when they wanted me to come in. I finally called them and learned it's because they are so crowded that they couldn't fit me in. They were going to try again this morning (Thursday), but still full, and then again this evening but...... still no room.

Lindsay and I have been just waiting on hold for over 24 hours now eating every meal out since we haven't kept anything in the house and haven't wanted to create any dishes. We've been having more "this is the last [fill in the blank] as a childless couple" false alarms than I can count. I know that waiting for labor or early labor can be just as agonizing, but I just needed to share with all of you! HOPEFULLY there will be room at the hospital tomororw morning, but at this point, I'm not holding my breath. Maybe that baby will come out on his own yet!

0 comments: