Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Latest

Gmail Liz H

The Latest
7 messages

Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 9:11 AM

No, we're still not at the hospital.

We didn't go in last night because they were too busy. They thought they could get me in this morning, but it sounds like they do inductions in the am and they really want me there the night before to get ready for the induction. Sooooooo.....

Now they are saying they want me to come in tonight for induction in the morning tomorrow (Friday). I'm supposed to hear from them around 2 this afternoon.

Does anyone have 8.4 million dollars to add on to the labor and delivery wing at Park Nicollet Methodist Hospital? Seems like they could use it. At this rate, I'm thinking they won't be able to get me in until at least 2028. At least that means that I'd give birth to an 18 year old.

Could this wait be any more agonizing? We'll, of course, keep you all posted.

Liz

Lucinda H Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 9:15 AM
To: Liz H
This is more agonizing than just waiting to go into labor. At least this must mean that they're not too concerned about your blood pressure. We're thinking of you!

Love,
Cindy

Kathryn F Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 9:18 AM
To: Liz H , Lindsay H
AAAAAHHHHHHH really?!?!?!?!?!?

That is agonizing...and crazy! How on earth are you dealing? And, I wanted him to share Yoko's birthday!!! But, I guess if he's born tomorrow he'll share the day with Hillary Duff's sister???

Thinking of you!!!
K
[Quoted text hidden]

Kathryn F Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 9:18 AM
To: Liz Heyer, Lindsay Hey
Oooh, ooooh, and Seal AND Smokey Robinson...musical birthday boys!
[Quoted text hidden]

Kasey L Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 9:31 AM
To: Liz H, Lindsay H, Ap
That SUCKS! I'm sorry.

Now here is annoying cheerleader Kasey....

1. This is what it is like for those who don't get induced....you have to wait. Not fun but part of the journey. Though I know that the plan was made and then changed I suggest you think of it as not getting induced...or just that the getting induced part is something you have no control over (just as you wouldn't if you weren't going to). I dunno maybe it could help. You are so close and I know it must be hard to wait, but Jude will be here with you soon....SOON YAY!!!

2. DISTRACT yourself - movies, rent some full seasons of something...go to our house and watch movies or watch modern family (PUSH!)....Aaron can VNC in and all you need to do it get the TV on and he can run it for you! (hehe Aaron like how I'm volunteering you for things!)

3. At least you get to hang out in your own house and you aren't hanging out at the hospital waiting


4. Your bags are packed. You aren't at work. You have no dog. You have no baby. You have EVERYTHING planned. You have no company. You have NO RESPONSIBILITY right now. That doesn't happen much and certainly won't happen in the coming months.

So I realize that it sucks but let's try to change the cylce of thinking to something positive. hehehehe (K i'm in Social Work mode right now).

Love you ladies!


Dean L Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 2:22 PM
Reply-To: Dean L
To: Liz H

Aiiiiggghhhh!!! Fingers crossed that you don't get this email because you're on your way...


Karen G Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 3:14 PM
To: Liz H
Thanks so much for the update! And sorry you weren’t able to go in last night- I hope tonight works! I am sure you guys are so excited (and ready not to be pregnant)- it must be nearly unbearable. We will keep the positive vibes flowing- for an opening tonight and Jude to join us tomorrow!

Karen

0 comments: