Sunday, March 7, 2010

Milkaholics Anonymous

Dare I say it? I think we're actually getting somewhat... comfortable.. with this major change in our lives. Jude is a pretty happy little man. I mean, he spits up my bodily fluids on a regular basis and he does have his daily "angry time," but other than that, he's a great baby. We're trying to figure our lives around him and even for planners like us, anticipating the minute-to-minute needs of a newborn is quite the challenge. I'm less of a crying ball of mess and breastfeeding is going better (not great, mind you, but better than the wincing, toe-curling terribleness of the first week). We'll head to the doctor AGAIN on Monday for a third weight check and HOPEFULLY Jude will be back up to birth weight. For now we're enjoying the help we're getting from our moms (mine left on Thursday and Lindsay's arrived on Friday) and the time Lindsay has off of work.

I'm not saying we're pros.... that would be crazy talk. But we're taking it day by day, kind of like addicts do. Does that mean I'm addicted to baby?

0 comments: