Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Back to Work...

Whoa, going back to work is super hard. And my next sentence is going to make me sound heartless, but it has a good ending, I promise. So when I used to not have a kid (you know, like 3 weeks ago), and women would come back to work after having a baby, I never understood how sad they were. I mean, of course, it's sad, but you get to see the baby at night and on weekends.

Heartless, right? Told you.

Now, happy ending. I totally understand now. On Monday, Jude was sleeping when I left so I didn't want to ruin the bliss. So, I didn't get to see him before I left. And you know what? At work, all day, I was so sad! So this morning I made sure that I got to spend a good half hour rocking and sleeping with my baby. And today I understood why those women were so sad. Don't get me wrong. I have a great job. I love the people that I work with, the company that I work for. But still...it is super hard to sit in meetings where we talk about things like powerpoint presentations and bulletins.

I mean, who wants to talk about brand guidelines when there is a cute CUTE baby at home?


0 comments: