Saturday, March 10, 2012

Finger Painting...I eat it?

For Jude's birthday, our friends gave Jude a set of finger paints.  And I'll be the first to admit that when he opened that package of finger paints, I thought about how one of my distant relatives would send my brother the noisiest most obnoxious toy for Christmas.  My mom use to curse her for buying what we always thought were fantastic gifts.  But then came Pinterest, and the finger paints became a magical entry to a new crafting world.

This is totally me through what I like to call the three stages of Pinterest.


I can't stop.  The only reason that I hold back is because I don't want all the people who are following me to know how much time I actually spend on the site.  It's ridiculous.  But just to fuel my obsession, I made a resolution to myself that I was going to do one "thing" from the site each week.  Whether that is make a recipe, do a craft, follow a cleaning tip, or...uh...whatever, I am going to do one thing a week.  But the problem is that it has been only a couple of weeks and I have already made Millionaire Bars, crafted up a spring yarn-wrapped wreath, and planned a Pinterest party where everyone brings something to eat from a Pinterest recipe and craft supplies to make something...from Pinterest.  

But the craft that started it all is an adorable finger painting project that now is proudly displayed in Jude's bedroom.  The instructions had it much more bougie with white canvas, but since we only had a brown paper bags, we made due.

The finger paints led to what amounted to be one of Jude's best mornings ever.  First, he couldn't believe that he got to wear one of Mama's shirts.  Well, we tried to tell him that he could just paint in his diaper, but he kept exclaiming "I need my paint shirt" so Liz fashioned one up for him.  



Then, we spread out the cut open paper bag along with four paper plates of finger paints (one of which was purple) and let him go to town.  



But before we put the paper down, I had used blue painter's tape to tape off his name.  


He didn't know when he was making this big art project that it was going to say j..j..JUDE!


But I think Jude's favorite part of all was that he got to rinse off in the sink afterwards.  And now, days later, when he has a little something on his hands and wants to get it off, he says, "I get in the sink."  No, honey.  No sink baths today.

0 comments: