Saturday, December 5, 2009

Good News!

Because I don't want to leave any of you hanging, I had a blood pressure check yesterday morning and it had actually come down! I'm still in the "your blood pressure is kind of high" range, but not in the "we're worried about you having preeclampsia" range. Yay!
I keep reminding myself that this DOES NOT mean that I can go back to all my old ways of going until I am exhausted and eating whatever I want - paying really close attention to those things is probably what got my bp down in the first place. But at least I know that there's a way to control it.
Which brings me to a question for all of you.... do any of you know of any quick and easy recipes/meals that don't use canned or majorly processed foods (in other words, low in sodium) that you can pass my way? I'm finding that cooking at home without canned or processed elements is the easiest way to eat low-sodium, but I'm also trying to rest, so running around like a crazy chef isn't exactly what I'm looking for, either! If you have any good ideas, I'd love to hear them!

0 comments: