Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I got my finger back!

One of the many things I've learned in the past few weeks is that the wisdom on pacifiers is constantly changing. Rather than try to keep up on it, I know I just have to do what works for us.

Jude likes to suck even when he's not eating and he clearly finds it soothing, especially to go to sleep. The problem, however, is that Jude didn't get the message that pacifiers can meet this need. Jude has discovered that our fingers taste oh-so-delicious and he doesn't need any stinking pacifier.

What's great about the finger is that I can decide when he gets it. But the problem is that it's attached to me and as much as I'm around the Judester, I can't ALWAYS be where he wants me to be when he feels the need to suck.

After trying two different kinds, I'd given up on pacifiers. But the gods of the internets convinced me to try just one more - the MAM pacifier. And guess what?? Jude liked it! Ok, so I know I may have created a monster, but YAY! My finger no longer needs to look like a prune!!!!!

0 comments: